Ever since I started baking I have been on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and so far, this recipe takes the title.
I love this recipe so much because the cookies are almost a cake-y texture, depending on how you cook them. They are crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside when fresh but set to a more cake-like texture when cooled. Mmmm-mmm.
Let me know what you think if you give this recipe a try.
- 2/3 cup (140g) of melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup (128g) white sugar
- 2/3 cup (128g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) non-dairy milk (I use soy)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 block (~250g) chopped up dark chocolate (I use 50% Whittakers)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Mix coconut oil, white sugar, brown sugar in a bowl. Then stir in almond milk and vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt) into a dough and then stir in chopped chocolate pieces
- On a greased baking sheet spoon heaping tablespoons of cookie dough a few cm apart to allow for spreading
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
Recipe adapted from bettycrocker.com