In light of the colder weather I thought a comforting soup recipe would be good to share. This is my go-to recipe every winter because its so tasty and simple to make.
This recipe only requires four ingredients that can be found at your local supermarket with ease. It takes only around 30 minutes to make and is perfect for leftovers. It makes enough for 3-4 people if served with bread and is a high carb meal that will keep you satisfied.
- 2 medium leeks
- 2 medium potatoes
- 5-6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a large pot on the stove to a medium-high heat
- Rinse and chop the leeks and add them to the pot stirring occasionally until softened
- While the leeks are cooking rinse and chop the potatoes, I prefer to keep the skin on
- Add the vegetable stock and chopped potatoes into the pot
- Leave the pot to boil for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through
- Remove from heat, stir through the almond milk and then puree in a blender
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favourite bread!
Thanks for reading,