This has been my favourite recipe to make for the past couple of weeks. I make a batch on Sunday and then eat it all week long, usually taking it to work each morning for breakfast.
It all started with one amazing smoothie bowl I had when I went out for breakfast, see my previous post for details. I decided I needed to step my smoothie game up and make some of my own muesli. I didn’t look for a recipe, instead I grabbed all ingredients in my pantry that I thought would work well together and baked them in the oven! With the multiple times I have made this recipe it has turned into a cereal rather than a smoothie topper and I am kind of obsessed.
I must note that any item on the ingredient list can be adjusted or replaced, I just find that these proportions and combinations work for me.
Coconut Maple Muesli
- 3 cups Oats
- 1 cup Hulled buckwheat
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut chips
- 1 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pure maple syrup, or other liquid sweetener
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl then stir through maple syrup until distributed throughout
- Spread evenly on a baking tray and put in the oven until golden brown (around 20 minutes), rotate every 5 minutes
- Let the muesli cool to room temperature and store in an air tight container
- Serve on top of your favourite smoothie or in a bowl with your favourite plant milk 😊
Thanks for reading,